Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Babymoons and Baby Love ... in Pictures!


Do you see that sweet face?  It's kept us a little bit busy the past two weeks.  Not that we mind.  It's fun to spend time caring for him, holding him, getting to know him.  


It's a blessing to watch our older children bond with  Baby B.  Even though they love him, there are moments when the changes he's brought start to wear on them.  Not just the changes his birth brought, but the changes of the past 3.5 weeks, when my blood pressure and bed rest interrupted the rhythm of our family life.  Two hospitalizations for Mom in that time disrupted the security of the kids a little bit.  Overall, they're doing great with all the changes, but there have been some excess emotions emerging from time to time.  So part of our time is spent helping soothe young children and reassure them of our love and their own security.


 We've had some squabbles over who is going to hold this little bundle next.  We've had daily quarrels from children with too much free time on their hands.  We need to get school rolling again next week, for everyone's sake.


Steve has returned to work this week.  Actually, he went back to work last Thursday, after 2.5 weeks of sick leave to take care of me.  We're working on getting our family rhythm back. But, even though baby B naps a lot during the day, waking up several times each night to diaper and feed him is making Mom tired.  So Mom has been sleeping in, rather than getting up and around with Steve each morning.  We still have a ways to go on that family rhythm.


Unfortunately, his birth didn't resolve my blood pressure issues completely.  My blood pressure went up again a few days after I was home from the hospital and no longer on bed rest.  So by the time he was 6 days old, I was back on my blood pressure medication 2 times a day.  By the time he was 10 days old, I was having to take it 3 times a day.   We're still waiting to see if it will regulate and return to normal on its own, or if this is going to be a lifelong issue for me now. 

He's worth it.  All of it:  the bed rest, the lack of sleep, the disrupted plans that bed rest brought, and the interrupted family rhythm.  We're all in love and enjoying our baby moon.  Too bad the UPS guy who caught me in my pajamas this morning doesn't know I just had a baby.  Oh well.

Blessed,
April E.