Friday, March 10, 2017

Review: Tightropes and Teeter-Totters by Lisa Pennington

Tightropes and Teeter-Totters: Finding Balance in the Ups and Downs of Life. Balance. In an attempt to find balance in my own life, I'd decided to review less books, take on fewer outside commitments, and try to bring my focus back to my cluttered home and busy family. But then I saw that book, written by a fellow homeschool mom of 9, and knew I had to take on just one more book review. Because ... maybe Lisa Pennington had found the secret to balance in the hectic life of parenting and homeschooling a large family.

I wasn't prepared for the ouch that accompanied some of Lisa's chapters. She writes truthfully, like the good friend who will tell you something negative that you need to hear, but softens it with a hug and genuine encouragement.

Lisa has developed an acronym from the word Balance that she uses to address many aspects of a woman's life: her home, her marriage, her children, her job, her ministry, and her friendships. Using these steps to examine each area that is out of balance, she provides a framework for getting life back in balance. I desperately need to get several areas of my life back in balance, and it's so helpful to have a game plan laid out.

Yes, if you read Tightropes and Teeter-Totters, you might say ouch a time or two. But you will also be encouraged to re-prioritize, take steps to change, and to persevere.

Learn more about Lisa Pennington and purchase a copy.

April E.