Thursday, January 9, 2014

10 things my kids don't want me to say and do

My kids have an ever-evolving list of rules for me to follow.  Somehow, I just keep forgetting their rules, though, and they have to keep reminding me. I decided I'd better write the rules down so I don't forget again.  ;)

1. I am not allowed to say "wonky".  Apparently that word is just too weird.
2. I am not allowed to say "hunky dory".  Apparently that is even worse than wonky.  Who knew?
3. I am not allowed to say "spoil sport".  No one says that.  I should just say "party pooper" instead.
4. I am not allowed to dance.  All attempts at dancing are met with "never do that again." 
5. I am not allowed to flirt with my husband in front of them.
6. I am not allowed to kiss my husband in front of them.
7. I am not allowed to hug my husband in front of them.
8. I am not allowed to get my hair cut just like theirs.
9. I am not allowed to sing their favorite songs.
10. I am not allowed to tag them on facebook or comment on their friends photos of them on facebook.

Okay, I do try to honor their facebook request, so they don't decide to block me.  And I don't want to embarrass them in front of their friends.  But the rest of their rules ... just seem silly.  I confess, it's fun to break those rules and irritate them just a little. 

Posting this will probably mean they create a new rule, but when I was told today that I can't say spoil sport, I decided it was time take the battle to a new level.

Feeling silly,
April E.