Monday, June 8, 2009

Easy Crockpot Baked Beans

I made baked beans for the first time yesterday.  Usually, I either serve plain old Pork And Beans from the can, or I buy Baked Beans pre-made in a can. 

But we needed to take a covered dish to our 4-H barbecue yesterday and I decided to use my crockpot to make something.   I started looking for ideas in my Fix It And Forget It cookbook, but ended up tweaking the recipe to suit me.

Here is my tweaked variation for Crockpot Baked Beans

Ingredients:

6 cans (15 oz. size) of Pork And Beans
1 large can of French's Cheddar Fried Onions  (the secret ingredient!)
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp. mustard
1/4 cup ketchup
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder

Mix all together in a greased 5 quart crock pot.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours. 

I received several compliments on this yesterday and the entire pot was eaten except one very small serving which was finished off at lunch today.  


Trusting in Him,
April