Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The number one reason TO fold your laundry

In March, I had posted the number one reason NOT to fold your laundry ...  but last night I was reminded of the number one reason TO fold your laundry.  Once again, it involved 3 yo L.

She came to me in the kitchen, where I was sitting on the floor talking to Steve.  She leaned on me and said, "Mommy, I peed."  I hugged her and said, "Did you?  Okay, we'll change your diaper." I was just thinking about how sweet she was leaning in on me like that.

Then my hand moved down her back to her bottom.  She had on her pajama shorts, but there was NOTHING under them.   I thought to myself,  "Aha ... so that was why there was an unused diaper next to the potty chair!"  I had thought it was from earlier.

I asked, "Where did you pee?"   (I'm sure you can see where this is going.)

"In the laundry," she said with a mischievous grin and a laugh in her voice.  She knew I wasn't going to like that answer.

"The laundry!?!?!  Argh."
  I laid my head on the floor and started laughing and pretending to have a little temper tantrum.  All the kids ... and Steve ... laughed.  You see, I had 2 baskets of laundry out there, and a pile on the couch ... waiting to be folded.

So, I get out there and the couch pile is now spread across the whole couch.  I assume that is where the wetness will be found.  And it was, but it took some careful searching to find it while Daddy helped her get re-diapered and re-dressed in clean pajamas.

Thankfully, I only had to return about 5-6 clean items to the laundry.  She'd had her accident on a thinner section of laundry ... and thankfully it wasn't into a laundry basket. 

But I was reminded of the number one reason TO fold laundry ... it's safer in the dressers and closets.  I've had laundry get puked on before, and have had spaghetti spilled on it.  Now it's been peed on, too.  

So even if it does make a handy bed for a sleepy 2 yo, I'll remember last night's lesson and get it folded more quickly from now on.  Like right now.

Trusting in Him,
April